- CAAC is committed to providing evidence-based and neurodiversity affirming neurodevelopmental evaluations for individuals, ages ranging from 12 months through adulthood, demonstrating delays or differences in development or are exhibiting characteristics of autism spectrum disorder. These evaluations are helpful to aid in diagnostic clarification and are used to assist with treatment planning and obtainment of supports and resources.
- CAAC is especially dedicated to the assessment of children under age 5 as access to early intervention services can be so crucial in aiding developing toddlers and preschoolers.
- CAAC is also proficient in Katie Beckett Medicaid Deeming Waiver evaluations and The New Options (NOW) and the Comprehensive Supports Waiver Program (COMP) evaluations.
- Evaluations include 3 appointments: an intake appointment (1 hour), a testing appointment (ranging from 1 hour to 4 hours), and a follow-up appointment.
- CAAC provides consultation services for families benefiting from support managing their child’s challenging behaviors, picky eating, sleep difficulties, or toileting delays. Additionally, parents may consult to learn more about their child’s diagnosis or discuss educational supports. Consultation sessions are scheduled for an hour time block and typically include opportunities for problem-solving and practicing behavioral management techniques.
CAAC understands that evaluations are an important investment in a child’s future but can financially be an expensive process. To provide affordable evaluations, CAAC is in network and accepting Aetna, BCBS, Cigna, United Healthcare, GA Medicaid, Peachstate, and Caresource insurances. We will no longer be in network with Humana or Cigna insurances after April 30th, 2023 (this means that we will not schedule new clients after this date, but will continue to see our families already scheduled). Our office will check your insurance benefits as a courtesy to provide an estimate of any costs following your intake appointment. We also strongly encourage you to contact your insurance ahead of time to check your benefits. If we are not in network with your insurance, we can provide a superbill for you to submit for out of network coverage. Self-pay rates are provided upon request.